pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

phone lookup services here
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
coinning

MessaggioOggetto: phone lookup services here
Inviato: 01-09-2018 8:50:06

SAN JOSE Benardrick McKinney Jersey , July 16 (Xinhua) -- Costa Rica's national team was the revelation of the 2014 Brazil World Cup, according to event organizer and world football governing body FIFA, Federation International of Football Association.

Costa Rican media outlets Wednesday cited an article posted on FIFA's website describing the national team as the surprise of the tournament after it bested former World Cup champions Uruguay, Italy and England to rank No. 1 in its group at the end of the initial round.

Costa Rica, affectionately known as "Los Ticos Kevin Johnson Jersey ," garnered the support of millions of football fans around the world, who were rooting for the underdog team.

"Los Ticos won the hearts of foreign fans everywhere after they ranked ahead of Uruguay, Italy and England in a group in which no one thought they had a chance, before losing with bravura in the quarterfinals in a penalty shootout against Holland," the FIFA said.

Costa Rican goalkeeper Keylor Navas also racked up enough saves to compete for FIFA's Golden Glove Nick Martin Jersey , along with Argentina's Sergio Romero and Germany's Manuel Neuer, who eventually won the award.

"The Levante stopper was arguably Costa Rica's best player at Brazil 2014 ... making 21 saves in Los Ticos' five games," said FIFA.

The 2014 Brazil World Cup made history in other continents as well, said FIFA, noting that for the first time ever two African teams qualified for the second round Will Fuller V Jersey , and that Germany became the first European team to win a World Cup in the Americas.

Graphics: China Daily

Despite China having one of the highest rates of female employment in the world, only a small percentage of women work in senior positions, said a research report released in Shanghai on Thursday.

Women hold less than 10 percent of executive level jobs in China and have only a 1 in 15 chance of reaching the chief executive suite, the report based on a study by Bain & Co said.

Only about 6 percent of CEOs and 8 percent of board directors are women, and only 27 percent of senior managers are female Julien Davenport Jersey , according to the report.

The study in May surveyed 850 women who hold a variety of positions in more than 25 industries and 50 cities across China.

Disruption from family commitments is the top obstacle to women advancing in China.

"I wish to excel in my career and take good care of my family at the same time. Sometimes I feel that I might have been expecting too much," said Meng Xiaoqing, a 25-year-old clerk who has been working for three years for a furniture maker in Shanghai.

Meng said she once aspired to become head of her department, but she dropped the plan because she "might not be able to handle more responsibilities and a household at the same time".

China has introduced a series of gender parity policies and has promoted equal opportunities for women, but accepted norms and behaviors are somehow disconnected from these policies D'Onta Foreman Jersey , said Jennifer Zeng, co-author of the study.

About 73 percent of working-age women in China are employed, compared with 67 percent in the UK, 66 percent in Australia and 62 percent in the United States.

Women tend to be as qualified as men when they enter the workforce, comprising 47 percent of university graduates in China Zach Cunningham Jersey , and they initially progress in equal numbers, holding 46 percent of professional positions, the report said.

"My observation is that enterprises have been investing heavily in improving gender parity, and female employees are better informed than ever about how to protect themselves when gender discrimination occurs," said Liu Wei Deshaun Watson Jersey , a lawyer at Shanghai Shenda Law Firm.

The real challenge is for companies themselves to counter the prevailing stereotypes, differences in women's and men's leadership styles, as well as gender and organizational biases, Zeng said.

Neither men nor women seem to like female bosses, who are perceived as being detail-oriented to the point of micromanaging. As women move up in seniority Houston Texans Hats , they are also more likely to be labeled "aggressive" and "less feminine", and such stereotypes and labels can undercut women's confidence levels and make it more difficult for them to work effectively with others.

Du Xun, a senior manager of the accounting department of a financial services provider in Shanghai and a mother of two children, said women should not hold themselves back in fear of obstacles.

"It's much easier to withdraw with an excuse than tackling obstacles with determination, such as leveraging more resources or seeking help from family. It requires support from your spouse and employer Houston Texans T-Shirts , but the most important part is to throw away the unfounded lack of confidence," Du said.

File photo of EU headquarters in Brussels, capital of Belgium. (Xinhua)

by Shuai Rong

BRUSELLES, May 14 (Xinhua) -- EU Denying Market Economy Status (MES) to China would be a strategic mistake, and it may well cause deterioration of political relationship between EU and China, Luigi Gambardella, president of ChinaEU, a business-led association, said in a recent interview with Xinhua.

In a non-legislative resolution on Thursday, the EU lawmakers were opposed to recognizing China's MES as set out in global trade rules.

China joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001. Under the country's accession protocol, China will automatically transit to a market economy status for Europe by Dec. 11, 2016.

Gambardella told Xinhua that if the EU denies MES to China, in the short term, there are concrete risks of retaliation from the Chinese side, causing EU economies serious pain and uncertainty on what will be the end result.

"It could threaten the positive outcome of the ongoing negotiations for the bilateral investment treaty and the potentiality to conclude a FTA between China and the EU - which according to Commission estimates could raise European .
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: