pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Blake-Bortles-Jersey
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
linchao

MessaggioOggetto: Blake-Bortles-Jersey
Inviato: 21-11-2019 4:45:54

JACKSONVILLE https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Blake-Bortles-Jersey , Fla. (AP) 鈥?The Jacksonville Jaguars sacked offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and quarterback Blake Bortles one day after the team's seventh consecutive loss.Coach Doug Marrone fired Hackett and benched Bortles on Monday, making sweeping changes to one of the league's worst offenses."I felt I needed to make a change to get us an opportunity to win some games," Marrone said. "It's not a knee-jerk reaction. I really feel like at the end of the day we've got to try to get better production out of our passing game or more consistent production in our passing game."Marrone promoted quarterbacks coach Scott Milanovich to offensive coordinator as well as backup quarterback Cody Kessler.Milanovich spent five seasons (2012-16) as head coach for the Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts before landing in Jacksonville last year. Kessler lost all eight starts for Cleveland in 2016.More Jacksonville Jaguars newsJaguars sign kicker Josh Lambo to 4-year contract extensionJaguars CB Jalen Ramsey catches a TD on offense as AFC thumps NFC in rainy Pro Bowl in OrlandoPack your bags: Jaguars, Buccaneers among NFL teams taking international trips in 2019Jaguars hire John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator, rounding out coaching staffJaguars reportedly fire running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley, 3 more assistantsMarrone expects Milanovich and Kessler to energize a lackluster offense when the Jaguars (3-8) host Indianapolis (6-5) on Sunday."Hopefully he can stay healthy and win some games for us," Marrone said. "My plan is for him to go in there and play."Staying healthy could be a challenge for Kessler considering Jacksonville will be without three starting offensive linemen, including left guard Andrew Norwell (ankle) who was placed on injured reserve Monday. Norwell joins center Brandon Linder and left tackle Cam Robinson on IR.The Jags also could be without their offensive centerpiece if the NFL suspends running back Leonard Fournette for leaving the sideline and provoking a fight in a 24-21 loss at Buffalo.Marrone refused to make excuses for the offensive struggles.Bortles didn't throw for 150 yards in four of the last six games. He had 104 yards through the air against Pittsburgh two weeks ago and 127 yards against the Bills. Marrone benched Bortles twice in two years, only to give him the job back both times.Now, though, it seems Bortles could be done in Jacksonville.Finances might be the only reason he sticks around. The fifth-year starter signed a three-year, $54 million contract in February and is due to count $21 million against the salary cap in 2019. Cutting him would cost Jacksonville $16.5 million against the cap.But it's clear Marrone has lost faith in Bortles A.J. Bouye Color Rush Jersey , who regressed this season.Marrone felt Hackett should have done more, too. Marrone and Hackett had been together for nine years, including stops at Syracuse (2010-12), with the Bills (2013-14) and in Jacksonville (2015-18).Hackett ended up being the first scapegoat in Jacksonville's ultra-disappointing season. He failed to get Bortles and the offense to play anywhere close to the level they did early in the season or in 2017. Injuries have been the biggest issue, but not enough to save Hackett's job."Obviously, you feel terrible, especially as an offensive player," center Tyler Shatley said. "I feel like a lot of that's on us. He had great game plans and stuff; we just have to execute better."The Jaguars rank 22nd in the NFL in total offense, averaging 346.5 yards a game, but have been on a steady decline the last two months. They rank 29th in points, averaging a paltry 17.9 a game.Bortles' lack of production has been the primary problem. He has 13 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season, incapable of putting the offense on his shoulders when things go wrong around him.He also has been hamstrung Justin Blackmon Jersey , most notably by a lack of playmakers and numerous injuries. Jacksonville is without three left tackles, two tight ends, the team's leading receiver from 2017, the team's starting center and played six games without Fournette."It sucks that somebody had to get let go," defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. "I thought he was doing a wonderful job. But it's the nature of the business. We need to start winning or we all need to look in the mirror about who can let go. It sucks."Marrone could have made other changes. The defense looks little like it did in 2017, prompting some to question coordinator Todd Wash's future, and special teams have been a non-factor all year.But Marrone opted to address the offense."Any time you're losing, it's not just on one person," Marrone said. "It's on everyone, and obviously when I say that I understand and take responsibility for that. It starts with me as the head coach. … Obviously none of us are doing a good enough job right now. We have an opportunity to play five games and get back on track and break this losing streak." Less than 24 hours after a heartbreaking loss to the Indianapolis Colts, Pro Bowl cornerback Jalen Ramsey is adding to the suffering. Early today he posted a tweet notifying the internet that he will be missed when he is gone. Not surprisingly the reaction was swift and varied. Responses ranged from “good riddance” to “don’t leave” to “we could use you on our team”. Context is always important when something like this is shared, and there is a dire need for clarity. The tweet was followed by a series of motivational verses from the Christian bible https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Barry-Church-Jersey , Jalen has not responded to any of the tweet’s comments nor has he offered any follow-up tweets to explain what he meant.The big question for the fan base is what the reasonable response should be to something lacking any point of reference. Is this simply a reaction to negative comments by the fans and/or the media? How much is this related to the emotions from a tough loss? Does this spotlight the selfishness of Jalen?Ramsey’s historical assertions that he is succeeding at his role, implying the fault is with others, have been interpreted as self-promotion. For those who read this tweet as sour grapes from a selfish player, local radio personality Rick Ballou expressed confusion related to Jalen’s tweet. Ballou serves as an on-field reporter during games, and on his afternoon radio show shared his observations of Jalen’s sideline disposition. He noted the star cornerback’s personality was more about a team player actively engaged with coaches and players. He gave specific examples of the Jalen actively engaged in fixing the bleeding that was the first half.It is more likely this is an emotional tweet from an immature player after a loss that all but ended the season. Local sports reporter Brent Martineau found this to be the case, and points out the reactions to offload Ramsey are equally as immature.Ramsey has been a lightning rod for controversy since being drafted, most recently because of his curt evaluations of quarterbacks around the league. With the team winning, his words are entertaining for the fans and annoyances for the opponents. A collection of meaty bulletin board material serving to elevate upcoming games. His immaturity was excused because he is such a competitor.Unfortunately, with the defense playing a first half reminiscent of pre-2017 Jaguars standards, Ramsey can be read as someone incapable of dealing with adversity. Those fans who tolerated Ramsey’s persona are now more comfortable to express just how irritating he is. Furthermore, compared to the team focused comments from Calais Campbell, Arby Jones Brandon Linder Color Rush Jersey , and Malik Jackson, telling all who “can” read that they will miss you lacks a maturity to read the room.If you consider Ramsey has taken considerable effort to block many people on Twitter, it may be a better read of this tweet if we see it simply as a player responding to fan overreaction. He has not indicated any desire to leave the team, and nothing is being reported of him as a toxic clubhouse element. None of this will mean anything to anyone who has grown tired of his antics and would rather see the team look for a high return on investment. Still, we have no idea what this is in response to, be it something specific or general criticisms, and speculating to the negative seems more about fostering present suffering.From the front office to the fan base, this has been 180 degrees from where we thought this team would be. We are all probably better served to just let folks express this grief in their own way.Ask yourself this, is Jalen wrong to say we will miss him when he is gone?
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: