pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

It would have been Kelce’s fourth trip, and . Jersey
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
linchao

MessaggioOggetto: It would have been Kelce’s fourth trip, and . Jersey
Inviato: 28-02-2019 4:39:15

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce opted to skip this year’s Pro Bowl in Orlando www.kansascitychiefsteamonline.com , Florida. It would have been Kelce’s fourth trip, and after a long season that stretched into the AFC title game he likely wanted a head start on resting up for the 2019 campaign.That was not the case for Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who was voted to his first of what fans hope will be many Pro Bowls to come.Mahomes talked with ESPN’s Wendi Nix, Tedy Bruschi and Victor Cruz down in Orlando this week.“It was very important for me (to come) because it was my first one—my first Pro Bowl,” Mahomes said. “It’s a tremendous honor ... It was a tough loss, wish we were prepping for the Super Bowl right now but things happen for a reason. You have to learn from those things, and I’m going to enjoy this week with a couple of my teammates out here and try to enjoy just being out at the Pro Bowl.”Mahomes’ is joined by Chiefs teammates Eric Fisher Dee Ford, Tyreek Hill and Anthony Sherman down in Orlando.As you’ll recall, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady made a point of it to find Mahomes in the locker room after the Chiefs’ AFC title loss, and Bruschi Kansas City Chiefs T-Shirt , a former teammate of Brady, asked Mahomes what they discussed.Brady won Super Bowl XXXVI with Bruschi as a 24-year-old first-year starter back in the 2001-02 season. Bruschi went on to win two more titles with Brady and the Patriots.“It was such a great game with so many emotions where it was going back and forth at the end that I felt like he just came up to me and was just kind of saying good game and everything like that,” Mahomes said. “[Brady] was in my place. He was young, he got to win the Super Bowl in his first year with [Bruschi] and everybody. He understands that [time] flies by—just make sure to put in the work. I think he saw that I put in the work to be in those situations.”Nix asked Mahomes about what needs to change about the Chiefs’ defense heading into the 2019 NFL season. As can be expected by now, Mahomes steered the conversation in another direction.“I think it’s just everybody getting better,” Mahomes explained. “It’s not just the defense—I think as a whole team. You saw in that last game against the Patriots, the offense, we didn’t come out and play well in the first half, and it’s a team game. You have to play off each other and I feel like that set the tempo for the entire game. We battled back at the end—what we did the entire season—we always fought ‘till the end but when you play teams like the Patriots, you can’t put yourself in the hole like that Kansas City Chiefs Hats , and that’s stuff, as a whole team, we’ve got to progress and get better.”Mahomes was later asked about whether he thought the overtime rules should be changed. Mahomes never had an opportunity to touch the football in the Chiefs’ loss to the Patriots.“That’s way above my pay grade,” he joked. “That’s just how the game is. That’s the rules. We’ve known the rules since we’ve grown up. You go out there. If you go out there and score a touchdown, you win the game. It’s that simple. Guys have to make plays on every aspect of the game. Special teams, defense and offense. That’s why it’s such a great team game. However the rules are, we’ll play it like that.” Bruschi referenced the MVP announcement set to take place the Saturday before the Super Bowl and how Mahomes led the league with 50 passing touchdowns this season.Bruschi wanted to know if that was something NFL fans should now expect every year moving forward.“I always just want to win football games,” Mahomes said, playing down his statistics. “I feel like every single year, if we can keep getting better Kansas City Chiefs Hoodie , we can always be a good team that wins a lot of football [games] and goes to the playoffs. Now it’s about taking that next step and getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. The 50 touchdowns and all that stuff, it’s awesome, but that’s really a credit to the teammates making a lot of plays for me. Stuff like that happens whenever guys around you are making plays. As long as I just kind of do my job, I feel like stuff like that will come a little bit, but at the same time, I just want to win. That’s the biggest thing.”To that, Bruschi said, “If it takes 50, you’ll do it again.”“Exactly. You said it just right,” Mahomes said.Is it September yet?The panel also asked Mahomes about his leadership skills Customized Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys , Alex Smith’s role in his 2019 success and his golf game. Check out the full interview by using the player above or by clicking here.Can Patrick Mahomes throw touchdown passes to 14 different Chiefs? Whatever else is true, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has stirred the imaginations of those who look for unusual NFL records that could be broken.Here’s another one to examine — this one courtesy of Good Morning Football host Peter Schrager.Schrager is correct.Through three weeks of the season, 12 different Chiefs players have caught passes from Mahomes, and nine of them have caught at least one touchdown pass.Sammy Watkins caught his first touchdown pass as a Chief on Sunday, and Marcus Kemp recorded his first reception on the season.Of the three remaining pass catchers yet without a touchdown, Spencer Ware would probably be the most likely to get one, followed by Damien Williams and Kemp.But even if all three eventually get touchdown catches, that’s still just 12 — not a record-setting 14.So who’s left?Neither running back Darrel Williams or tight end Alex Ellis — the remaining offensive skill players on the active roster — have yet seen playing time.The most likely way either of them — or practice squad players like Gehrig Dieter, Josh Crockett or David Wells — are going to see the field would be if currently active players miss playing time due to injury.So how else could the Chiefs get to 14?The Chiefs don’t presently have a defensive back that seems like a good candidate to get snaps as an offensive player - like Deion Sanders did.Nor does head coach Andy Reid have much history of having linemen report as eligible receivers like Marty Shottenheimer used to do.Chiefs offensive lineman Joe Valerio became a Kansas City folk hero between 1993 and 1995, when he was targeted on tackle-eligible plays four times www.authenticskansascitychiefs.com , resulting in four touchdown passes.But that seems odd, doesn’t it?Wouldn’t you expect Reid to be the guy who thinks of putting an eligible tackle on the field to create more misdirection for his offense, rather than the staid Shottenheimer?Barring injuries, something like that is probably what it will take for Patrick Mahomes to get touchdown passes to 14 different Chiefs in 2018.But in this season, just about anything might be possible.We’ll keep an eye on it.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: