pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

All Twenty Take:
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
laiyongcai92

MessaggioOggetto: All Twenty Take:
Inviato: 26-02-2019 4:05:47

Rodney McLeod Youth Fletcher Cox Jersey , Box Safety It started off in training camp on a 10-10-10 day. Those days, which feature 10 plays for offensive install against a soft defense, then 10 for the defense against a soft offense, then 10 special-teams reps, can give onlookers a little insight as to the new wrinkles/adjustments that coordinators are focusing on.During a portion of the practice, Doug’s offense got uber college-y. Not just the usual bits and pieces — it was straight option offense, bubble screens galore, pre-snap motion for days. If you’ve ever watched a Matt Canada offense (current HC at Maryland), think that.But Pederson was only running those looks because Schwartz had asked for them. The emphasis was on Schwartz’s secondary being able to communicate and adjust through the various pass-catchers re-aligning and releasing in curious ways.The big note from Schwartz’s defense during that install: how much he asked of Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, and then-SAF3 Tre Sullivan. All three safeties had to play reps as the deep middle safety, deep half safety, cover man over the slot, cover man over the tight end, cover man over the running back, curl-flat defender, et cetera. Lots o’ hats.The surprising carryover into the first two weeks of the season? The usage of Rodney McLeod in the box, even when no pre-snap motion or funky alignments have forced him there. Schwartz seems more willing this season to deploy McLeod in roles other than centerfielder — the sample size is still small, of course, but early returns are incredibly promising.The Eagles have generated two interceptions so far this season. The first was the Rasul Douglas pick on the sideline against Julio Jones, which was a rather terrible throw to a poorly run route. The second was this play, on which McLeod plastered Tampa TE O.J. Howard and popped the ball into the air.McLeod is not in his typical high alignment because he’s peppering the edge, threatening QB Ryan Fitzpatrick with a blitz to hopefully force him to shift protection or audible to a hot route. As he peels off, he has flat responsibility, sinking outside of the numbers to sit underneath the deep comeback route that had been hurting Philadelphia’s Cover 3 early in the game.There’s a bit of discontinuity in the interior zones, however. Faced with the choice of two vertical stems coming his way, the middle hole defender (Malcolm Jenkins) takes the #2 receiver to the trips side, leaving the #3 defender Authentic Chris Long Jersey , O.J. Howard, to work across the open middle of the field, as LB Nigel Bradham is forced to close down on the RB release.McLeod, watching all of this unfold from his flat responsibility (Fitzpatrick never looks his way) makes the play of an instinctive free safety. A corrective position that has to anticipate the if-then causality between route concepts and zone coverage, free safeties regularly have to fly to the most likely choice and begin attacking the throw before the quarterback even begins the process. That’s what McLeod does here.McLeod abandons his post in the flat, which leaves the comeback open, because he sees Fitzpatrick processing the middle of the field and feels the hole in the defense. Howard, rightfully, does not expect the flat defender to come at him so immediately and with such velocity — he is unprepared for the body-check, and McLeod creates a turnover.Now, it’s easy to conclude via results and not process, which is why it’s important to talk about this play: the O.J. Howard 75-yard touchdown:While the Eagles rotate in a different manner in order to get into their Cover 2 on this play, this is again a shell that looks like Cover 3 early but changes late to Cover 2. McLeod is again threatening the backside edge as a blitzer, and again peels off to sink underneath the comeback route that Tampa had been cashing in on.But McLeod doesn’t come off the flat to attack the crosser; O.J. catches this ball and scores a touchdown. That is objectively bad, but it doesn’t mean the process was bad at all. Again, Philly has forced Fitzpatrick into a second read and a middle-of-the-field throw, protecting their struggling corners.But this play is after the Darby interception, and clearly the team has adjusted on the sideline. This time, the middle hole defender (Jordan Hicks) is quick to get attached to Howard’s crosser and carry it into space. There is no longer confusion in the middle zones — they know how to handle this familiar concept from a few drives ago. As such, in terms of process, this is a great situation. Fitzpatrick needs to thread this throw right over Nigel Bradham (who didn’t close as hard on the running back this time) and jam it into Howard’s chest to prevent Hicks, in a decent position, from attacking the catch point. And even then, Howard needs to shed Hicks and break another tackle or two to get all the way downfield.At this point in the play, this rep is a win for the Eagles’ defense. Now, both of these reps saw McLeod initially down in the box, as a potential blitzer and, if not a blitzer Authentic Nick Foles Jersey , a likely short-zone defender. The fact that McLeod offers that interchangeability is quite nice, in that it allows Jenkins and McLeod to be more fluid pre-snap handling those motions we discussed in the intro.However, for deception’s sake, teams will quickly come to key on McLeod’s alignment. When he’s down, the Eagles are far less likely to run true Cover 3 than when he’s up high. As such, working McLeod down into the box from a high alignment pre-snap is important for Schwartz’s defense.And he’s checked that box off as well. It goes back to the coulda woulda shoulda been third interceptions of the Eagles’ young season:This coverage shell should seem familiar. It’s essentially the same back-end coverage as the first clip — the Darby interception.(You will notice that a lot of the Eagles’ early ball production this season on defense has come from this shell. Makes you think!)This shell is basically Inverted Cover 2, and it’s a natural compliment to Cover 3 coverage. At the snap, they look rather similar — the corners are in off coverage, and there’s a single-high rover covering the middle of the field. At the snap of Cover 3, everyone begins slowly gaining depth; at the snap of an inverted Cover 2 rep, the free safety closes down, to become the middle hole defender of the Cover 2.Really, Inverted Cover 2 is closer to a Tampa-2 coverage than a true Cover 2. A true Cover 2 is a five-under, two-over coverage: five defenders handle the underneath areas, two defenders handle the deep areas. Philly’s inverted Cover 2 doesn’t ask the middle hole defender — that dropping free safety — to really get all the way into the underneath zones. He plays more of a robber role — a rat defender, some would call it. He’s allowed to roam in the barren land between underneath and deep zones, feeling the route concept and adjusting accordingly.And that’s what you see from McLeod here. Similarly to the first rep, he plays with his eyes in the backfield, feels the space QB Matt Ryan wants to attack, and undercuts the route. Everything is solid but the execution.And that’s really what we have, here: an interception, an incompletion, and a touchdown. I could throw in the DeSean Jackson touchdown — McLeod rotated into man coverage on Mike Evans at the snap, which allowed Philly to generate a free blitzer — that would be two touchdowns on four total plays. If you were to just look at the stats, McLeod down in the box seems rather a poor idea.But even on that DeSean touchdown, Philly was at a great position in terms of X’s and O’s on the chalkboard: they had DeSean double covered and a free rusher baring down on Fitzpatrick. One mental mistake — albeit an egregious one — was enough to tip the scales.If and when Schwartz moves McLeod into the box, he’s typically moving away from the base Cover 3 defense. In the past, when moving to different shells Womens Brandon Brooks Jersey , Schwartz still made an effort to keep McLeod as a high safety. In 2018, he seems far more willing to use McLeod in unexpected ways, and it’s paying off early for the Eagles’ defense.McLeod’s instincts and sharp mind for the game translate down into underneath zones, and he has either directly or indirectly put the defense in plus situations with his versatility. The more frequently Philadelphia deploys McLeod as a middle hole or flat defender, the further they can confound opposing offenses, force longer processes in the pocket, and generate turnover-worthy plays.Eagles News: Fletcher Cox feels like he’s being disrespected Let’s get to the Philadelphia Eagles links ... Fletcher Cox calls lack of national recognition ‘disrespectful’ - ESPNEagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox called a lack of national recognition for his level of play “disrespectful” and said he is using it for fuel as he pursues Defensive Player of the Year honors this season. ”Very motivating. I promise you it is,” he said after practice Thursday. Cox has come out of the gates on fire this season. He has 2 1/2 sacks, 14 quarterback hits/hurries (six more than the next-closest Eagles player, Chris Long) and four tackles for loss through two games, according to stats kept by the team.Eagles vs. Colts Game Preview: Five questions and answers with the enemy - BGNThe Philadelphia Eagles and Indianapolis Colts are set to play each other this Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field. In order to preview the Eagles’ Week 3 game, I reached out to our associates over at Stampede Blue. The cunning Chris Blystone (@chrisblystone) took the time to answer my questions about the upcoming tilt. Let’s take a look at his answers.Safety Blitz with Malcolm Jenkins: ‘We don’t have a Super Bowl hangover’ - PhillyVoice“We don’t have a Super Bowl hangover. For me, personally, there is nothing to do with a Super Bowl hangover. We just made bad mistakes. That one loss doesn’t change who we are and where we’re going. We’ve been here before. Last year against Kansas City, we got beat up and made it look close at the end — but moved on and learned. This isn’t any different.”Eagle Eye: The Frank Reich Effect - PE.comFrom a philosophical standpoint, this is a team that wants to get the ball out quickly. The Colts will take their shots downfield (and I expect that they will in this game) but that’s not really their identity right now, even with an explosive guy like T.Y. Hilton at wide receiver. Reich wants to give Luck as much information as possible before the snap so that when he drops back he can get rid of the ball at the top of his drop and move the chains. The Colts will mix up their use of personnel (they love lining up in 12 personnel packages), formations (they work in a lot of empty looks with five eligible receivers spread out across the width of the field), and pace (they’ll mix in some hurry-up modes here and there). They made a killing the last two weeks in attacking the flats with short, quick passes, and I think they’ll go that route again on Sunday.From 13 to 2: The inside story of how the Eagles moved up twice to draft Carson Wentz - The AthleticThe Eagles spent some time with Wentz at the Senior Bowl, with DeFilippo testing his knowledge of football concepts on a white board. The early returns were, frankly, too good. As Wentz impressed, Roseman’s job got harder. “I think after the Senior Bowl, it was pretty clear to us that it wasn’t realistic to think, ‘Hey, we’ll just sit at 13 Womens Ronald Darby Jersey ,’” Roseman says. “Hope is not a strategy. And so, let’s figure out a way to go get the pick and then at that point, do more research. We felt good about where we were in that point in the process. We didn’t feel good about where we were from a draft-selection standpoint.”Eagles’ Nick Foles prepared to take move from Super Bowl MVP to backup quarterback with grace - Inquirer”Even if you know something is coming, once you’re in it, there is an adjustment,” Foles said Thursday by his locker — a different setting than the starting quarterback’s news conference. “But realizing it is about the team, it’s not about the individual. Carson being healthy, and me going to a different role, helping the scout team, doing what I can to help the team, but from a different role. Focus on that, sort of embrace that day to day.” Foles said the biggest adjustment will be to keep his mind from wandering to other possibilities. He knows his role. He must help Wentz during the week and on the sideline. He must run the scout-team offense to help the defense prepare. He must be ready to enter the game in an emergency, but if the Eagles have their way, Wentz will be the starter for the rest of the season – and the rest of the decade.NFL Week 3 FOX Colts @ Eagles Preview - PFFIn 2017, the Eagles’ defense sent six or more pass-rushers after the quarterback 65 times, which tied for the most in the league.Jordan Matthews explains criticism of former Eagles’ training staff - NBCSPOn Wednesday, after his first practice with the Eagles, Matthews said he felt articles about those comments misconstrued his meaning, and he said he called former Eagles trainer Chris Peduzzi — who stepped down in February — to explain them. “When you get misdiagnosed, nobody does that on purpose, and I didn’t like how that was kind of worded,” he said. “It was a mistake, that’s why it’s called a misdiagnosis. I didn’t say they lied. Things get seen wrong. Someone may look at an MRI and miss something and something was missed, that’s all that happened, so when I went to Buffalo, they had doctors who saw it. I’m just not the type to go tweet about junk or anything like that. Once the story ran I called Peduzzi myself and let him know, ‘OK, look Womens Mike Wallace Jersey , I was not trying to make it seem like you guys did that on purpose.’ It was an honest mistake. It was just what happened, it was unfortunate, but it was life.”More than a year later, Jordan Matthews returns to Philadelphia Eagles with new perspective - PennLive“I really realized now I took some of that stuff for granted,” Matthews said. “And so just the humility aspect of it, taking every single day, being thankful for it. Then, from a guy at the very bottom of the roster to the guy at the top, understand like, man, I could be either one. I could be that guy one day, I could be that guy one day, so just honestly working with that attitude every single day, so it’s been a real blessing for me.”Injury Report: Colts missing several key players as matchup with the Eagles looms - Stampede BlueMore concerning however, is the potential loss of someone like Jack Doyle. While the tight end group is a strength, this is the toughest defensive line the Colts have faced yet, and Doyle played a big role in the blocking help that made last week’s victory possible. His loss in both blocking and the passing game are tough to replace. Anthony Castonzo also appears to be likely to miss more time, having aggravated his hamstring injury. Based on the way he was moving against Washington, Marlon Mack might have done the same. Neither of these guys are a huge concern, Castonzo because it is not entirely a surprise and the offensive line has done really well against quality defenses so far. Mack because Jordan Wilkins and Nyheim Hines have been valuable contributors to this point already. Regardless, the Colts facing perhaps the toughest opponent on their schedule without a bunch of their key players is definitely less than ideal.Hue Jackson scoffs at notion of stolen Philly Special - PFT“We did not steal that from them,” Jackson told reporters after the victory. “Please. I know everybody wants to think that. We have had that in our back pocket for a while. Go check my tricks from before, and go check [offensive coordinator Todd Haley’s] tricks from before. We all have them. It is just when you pull them out and use them. That is what that is.”Browns fans finally open those Bud Light fridges to celebrate a win - SB NationFree beer is free beer, and Clevelanders earned this one....Social Media Information:BGN Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBGN Twitter: Follow @BleedingGreenBGN Manager: Brandon Lee Gowton: Follow @BrandonGowtonBGN Radio Twitter: Follow @BGN_Radio
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: