pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Training Camp Previews: The Cornerbacks
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
laiyongcai92

MessaggioOggetto: Training Camp Previews: The Cornerbacks
Inviato: 21-12-2018 8:33:19

On the Lightning Round Podcast Denzel Perryman Jersey , the guys reviewed defense and special teams. Leading up to training camp we’ll be going over position battles before we make one final prediction of the 53-man roster. Today we start with arguably the most talented position group on the roster, the cornerback position. There are locks. There will be battles. There will likely be surprises. Let’s get to the locks.LocksCasey HaywardHayward has cemented himself as one of the best corners in the league. He’s objectively top 3 anyway you slice it. Hayward is always around the ball. He has broken up 20+ passes the last 2 years. He is such a key competent on what has a chance to be one of the better units in the NFL.Jason VerrettThe biggest tease in the NFL. Verrett is undoubtedly a top talent at the position. Verrett’s issue is he can’t stay on the field to showcase his skills. Put it like this: last year Hayward got his hands on more passes tan Verrett has played in his entire career. That doesn’t seem good. As skilled as Verrett is, you have to wonder how his health impacts how many corners the team keeps.Trevor WilliamsFor a number 2 corner, who had completely stunk it up the year prior as a rookie, Williams was fantastic in 2017. You could really see him turn the corner after he went head to head with Odell Beckham Jr. and held his own. Williams is a terrific run defender and would make for a great nickel corner. If Verrett is healthy, that should be Williams role. If not he can slide by outside like last year and hopefully continue to grow as a player.Dez KingVerrett’s health directly affects King’s playing time the most in my opinion. We’ll still see King on the field. Just not as much at corner is my guess. Maybe at safety. Possibly at dime linebacker. I do think he’ll see the field in his sophomore stint but King’s role will likely be reduced.Going to have to fight for itMichael DavisDavis has the side/speed combo, but he has the upper hand due to his special teams experience. There will be 5 corners or more on the active roster. Davis should be the favorite coming into camp, but will it stay like that for long?Tony BrownThe undrafted free agent from Alabama certainly has the pedigree. National Champion multiple years. He competed for a spot on the U.S. National Track & Field team after placing 6th in the 110 Hurdles in 2016 Authentic Melvin Gordon Jersey , & 11th in the 100 meter dash in 2017. He’s fast. He was known for his special teams prowess as well. Brown is the popular undrafted free agent in the secondary to make the team.Craig MagerLol. Nice try.Brandon FacysonThe former Hokie has seemingly never recovered from his injury in college. Once a freshman all-american with a bright future, Facyson is now an undrafted free agent. Still, the team has one, possibly two spots open at the position. Facyson is the lanky press-man corner that the typical Gus Bradley scheme favors. Will Facyson have a great preseason and make the Chargers make a tough decision? Time will tell.Los Angeles Chargers Daily Links: Who Makes the Most Sense for Chargers at 17? The 2018 NFL Draft's most versatile offensive linemen - Michael RennerWynn was solid those first two seasons, with 83.9 and 81.9 overall grades in 2015 and 2016, respectively. He didn’t take his game to the next level, though, until this past season when he posted an 88.0 overall grade and allowed only five pressures all season long. The leap has some NFL teams reportedly still willing to try him at tackle despite measuring in at 6-foot-3 with 33 3/8 inch arms at the combine.Mailbag: The Chargers' Secret Draft Weapon - Ricky HenneThe Bolts currently have 61 players on the roster with 24 hours to go until the draft starts.If they make no trades over the three-day span Youth Mike Williams Jersey , they'll select seven players, meaning the Chargers are primed to add 22 players as undrafted free agents. If you’re a betting man, it’s safe to assume one of them will make an impact in 2018.Jaylen Watkins Set to Make Bolts' Loaded Secondary Even Stronger - Ricky Henne“The secondary, and seeing their pass defense last year (was impressive),” he said. “Just the way they played and their pass rush, I just feel like they have something good going鈥eenan (Allen) did really well. Obviously, Philip (Rivers) did a great job.Hunter Henry got in the end zone.Just seeing the guys compete.They competed and had it at the end of the game.All you can ask for is a chance to win at the end of the game.”Why Rashaan Evans makes sense for Chargers at No. 17 - Eric Williams"Especially early I think the linebacker group," the Los Angeles Chargers defensive coordinator told reporters Monday. "Sometimes you look at the linebackers and you feel like there's a couple that fit your scheme http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-drew-kaser-jersey , or that intrigue you. And I think this year, especially in the early rounds, it seems like a good group of linebackers."Drafting a quarterback remains a possibility for Chargers - Eric Williams"We scout them all, so we don't just spend all of our time on first-round quarterbacks," Telesco said. "The same amount of time that goes into those first-round guys also goes into those guys that will go in the third, four, fifth or sixth rounds.Hunter Henry is Primed for a Breakout Season - John PaulsenGates played a minor role as a rookie and then blew up in his second season, garnering 114 targets for a receiver-deprived Chargers offense (WR Eric Parker was second on the team in targets with 71!). Gates caught 81 passes for 964 yards and 13 touchdowns that year. Even with Gates’ monster season Joe Barksdale Jersey , Henry’s numbers through two years are very respectable in comparison. Unsurprisingly, he didn’t get as much volume as Gates did—in large part to the fact Gates was still on the roster—but he posted a slightly better Yards Per Reception, Catch % and Fantasy Points Per Target. This bodes well.Social Media Information:BFTB Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageBFTB Twitter: Follow @BFTB_ChargersThe Lightning Round Twitter: Follow @Lightning_RoundThe Lightning Round Facebook: Click here to like our pageBFTB Manager: Richard Wade: Follow @RichardWade
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: