pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Spring Training Notes- The Arms
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
jackky

MessaggioOggetto: Spring Training Notes- The Arms
Inviato: 11-08-2017 6:08:45

When arriving at Cleveland camp to scout future Indians, a trio of A-Ball infielders were tops on my small listing of must see players. Francisco Lindor, Dor sys Paulino and Ronny Rodriguez stretched and ran sprints on back fields and I was happy to watch them doing morning Adidas Ultra Boost Shoes drills.
Then, a discu sion with volunteer field staff forced a change of plans.
In the B-Game, the Indians could be playing the Mariners. From curiosity, I hurried towards the far field to determine what Seattle prospects made the trip.
Taijuan Walker? Check.
James Paxton? Check.
Nick Franklin? Check.
Brad Miller. Vinnie Citricala. John Hicks. Carter Capps. Julio Morban. The sport would be a whos who of top prospects in the Seattle Mariners organization.
Paxton started the game and sat 88-91 mph together with his fastball, touching 93. His high arm slot and hitchy delivery created deception, in addition to command i sues. When down within the zone, the pitch featured late sink.
From the stretch, Paxton lost his release point and struggled to discover. To combat this, his delivery slowed causing a drop in velocity.
At 76-79 mph, Paxtons curveball was an 11/5 hammer when on. With command, its a strikeout pitch. When Paxton struggled, his wrist stayed underneath the pitch causing it to hold in the letters.
Paxton pushed an 84 mph changeup, slowing his delivery in the proce s. Later in the outing, his arm action improved and also the pitch stabilized at fringe average. Its a pa sable third offering, but he Adidas Yeezy Boost 650 Shoes scouted weight lo s of the two-pitch guy.
Taijuan Walker followed with an explosive fastball at 92-95 mph, touching 96. The right-hander struggled to remain on top of the pitch because of collapsing his back leg, however it was special when he did.
Walker spent the outing playing catch, flashing easy velocity behind impre sive leg drive. As Walker continues to fill out his frame, his velocity will stabilize within the mid-90s.
Acro s two innings, Walker never established his changeup or curveball. At 73-75 mph, his breaking ball mi sed the objective down-and-away on multiple occasions. The pitch featured sharp, slurvy break and was not the 12/6 offering scouted last season. However, its early and difficult to determine any off speed Adidas Springblade Drive Shoes help out just two innings of work.
Same can probably be said Adidas Springblade Drive Shoes for any mid-80s changeup which flashed solid average. When effective, his arm action was identical to his fastball and also the ball tailed in on right-handed hitters.
When he struggled, the pitch remained up in the zone and flattened out considerably.
Carter Capps closed the game having a multi-inning stint. Working off a 93-95 mph fastball, his capability to hide the ball gave the appearance of added velocity.
He included an 82 mph slider that they threw just like a Frisbee at times. When he released the pitch out front, it featured late break away from right handed hitters.
For the Indians, Cory Kluber started and threw four innings. At 88-90 mph, touching 92, the right-hander included a slider and changeup with some succe s.
Against Dustin Ackley, Kluber pulled the string on the 80 mph changeup which left the Mariners second baseman flailing wildly.
At present, Kluber is much more of the swing man or fifth starter with limited upside. If nothing else, his three pitch mix would play up from the pen.
Cody Allen threw one inning at 92-93 mph. His max effort deliver leaves little room for further projection, but
Former closer Matt Capps struggled in his attempt to return from shoulder i sues. At 84-87 mph, his fastball would be a long way away from the 92-plus Capps threw last season.
Seeing three of the top young arms in the Mariners organization was a great way to start a scouting trip. Part two of breaking down the B-Game will include a look at a number of Adidas Men Shoes the Mariners top position prospects.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: