pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Mark Trumbo8217s Uncertain Future
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
jackky

MessaggioOggetto: Mark Trumbo8217s Uncertain Future
Inviato: 11-08-2017 6:06:56

The top two vote receivers in the AL Rookie of the season race are enough to create most saberists tear their hair out. Jeremy Hellickson won the voting despite posting a 4.44 FIP and 4.76 SIERA, and Mark Trumbo and his .291 OBP came in second. Both Hellickson and Trumbo finished heads and tails ahead of the rest of the competition, despite posting Wins Above Replacement totals that ranked them in the center of the pack and behind players like Eric Hosmer, Michael Pineda, Desmond Jennings, Brett Lawrie, and Ivan Nova.
Obviously, traditional statistics played a crucial role within this voting. Hellickson had 13 wins and a 2.95 ERA over 189 innings in Women the AL East, and Trumbo finished the growing season with 29 home runs and 87 RBIs. This decision is being greeted with copious levels of snark, but both Hellickson and Trumbo are exceptionally interesting players themselves.Instead to be concerned about the snubbed players, I Air Jordan 9 m more interested in what the future holds of these two players.
How will their careers progre s? Can there be any hope they can fix the holes within their game? I took a look at some of Jeremy Hellicksons i sues today at DRaysBay, so lets take a deeper look at Mark Trumbo.
He might have just overlooked the AL Rookie of the Year award, but Mark Trumbo would be a pleasant surprise for Angels fans this year. His 29 home runs and 61 extra base hits were both team highs, and his 2.3 WAR ranked him fourth among AL rookie hitters. While his lack of patience (4.4% walk rate) hurt his overall value, making them a mere 5% better than league average on offense, Trumbo provided balance to the Angels batting order. They Nike Kevin Durant weren't a strong offensive ballclub, ranking in the center of those within the majors (4% below average), and without him, their most effective hitters would have been Vernon Wells (25 HR, .194 ISO) and Howie Kendrick (18 HR, .179 ISO).
Trumbo is definitely an odd player, though; there arent many sluggers which have posted an ISO above .200 and walked le s than 5% of the time. When trying to calculate Trumbos future, his listing of comparable players is definitely an eclectic bunch. Jorge Cantu. Delmon Young.Jeff Francoeur. Rondell White. Raul Mondesi. All these players flashed exceptional power while very young (25 or much younger), but struggled using their walk rate. Most of these players kept their power and continued to be succe sful major league players to some degree, but none of them ever increased their walk rate much higher than league average (around 8.5%).
But Trumbos most comparable player strikes near to Nike Air Zoom 90 IT home for Angels fans. Maybe for this reason Angels fans fell deeply in love with Trumbo this season:
<p style="text-align: center;">
Unlike Trumbo, Torii Hunters age 25 season was not his first year like a full-time player within the majors; Hunter took part in 135 games in 1999 like a 23-year-old. He started at age 25, though, much as Trumbo did earlier this season Air Jordan 7 with the Angels. While Trumbo isnt as good an opposing player as Hunter and plays significantly le s demanding positions (first and third), his offensive production mirrors Hunter to the letter.
This isnt to say that Trumbo will nece sarily continue to develop just as Torii Hunter did he could always fall off like other high power/low patience hitters like Jeff Francoeur and Delmon Young but his career path seems doable for Trumbo. Hunter continued to publish an ISO above .200 for five from the next six seasons, raising his walk rate to 7-8% over Nike Air Max 90 Woven that time. Power doesnt appear to be a problem for Trumbo eight of his homers were No Doubters on ESPNs Hit Tracker, and he averaged 406 feet per homer and can his plate discipline improve any?
<p style="text-align: center;">
Of all the qualified hitters in the majors last season, Mark Trumbo had the sixth worst chase rate (42.7%) around 12% more than the league average rate of 30% and the 10th worst walk rate (4.4%). He only swings at 3% more pitches within the zone than average, so to be able to push his walk rate up toward league-average (8.5%), Trumbo will have to dramatically reduce the amount of pitches he chases away from zone.
Po sible? Yes. Likely? Eh, tough to say. Most young hitters with poor walk rates become old hitters with poor walk rates, but the best hitters of the bunch the Torii Hunters and Raul Mondesis can enhance their plate discipline until theyre walking at a league-average rate or slightly higher. Trumbo will be hard pre sed to hack a stroll rate of 8.5%, nonethele s anything greater than that, but that never stopped Torii Hunter from being a valuable player.
Of course, Trumbo doesn't play centerfield and he is nowhere close to good a fielder as Hunter. If he can keep improving his power, though, theres nothing stopping him from as Nike Lebron 11 being a steady, valuable cause of the Angels for many years.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: