pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Houston Texans Rosterology:
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
laiyongcai92

MessaggioOggetto: Houston Texans Rosterology:
Inviato: 26-02-2019 3:08:39

August 22 DeAndre Hopkins Jersey , 2018 The Texans are focusing on getting a lot of game tape on players who are fighting for roster spots. WR Braxton Miller (71 snaps), OG Chad Slade (58 snaps), OT Kendall Lamm (58 snaps), OG Kyle Fuller (52 snaps), and OG David Quessenberry (47 snaps) led the team in snaps played last week and for good reason. Here are some notable updates as we get started. Joe Webb III put on a dazzling performance in the second half of the Texans-49ers preseason game. With this team’s QB injury history, coupled with his play on special teams, Webb has staked his claim for a roster spot and removed his name from the bubble. Also, Braxton Miller fans will be satisfied to hear that he played almost the entire game on Sunday; although he dropped a solid throw from Deshaun Watson on a 2nd and 5 deep post route, he played a good game. I believe the team is beginning to trust Miller more and more, which takes him off of the Rosterology board. Sadly, several names have fallen off the board for a different reason. Both Stephen Anderson and Tyler Ervin are falling behind in the roster battle and were replaced on this list. It’s becoming more murky who is going to make the roster with two weeks of film, but this next week and game against the Rams should clear up most of the confusion about who is going to make the team.Safe, But In Position BattlesJay ProschFullbacks are an endangered species in the NFL, and the necessity for one on the Texans’ roster may be as well. The transitioning offense with Deshaun Watson at the helm will stress different positions than before. The new offense, from the short glimpse that we have seen, runs more from the shotgun and does not rely on lead blocking as much. Prosch is a good fullback but definitely replaceable if push comes to shove. Depending on the amount of corners, wide receivers, and linemen the Texans keep, Jay may be a potential surprise cut from the Texans’ roster.Carlos WatkinsI trust Brandon Dunn and Joel Heath more than I do Watkins. He doesn’t his gap against double blocks and does not add much to the blitz game. The Texans had all three of Dunn, Heath, and Watkins out there on the field to start the game against the Niners.Watkins is really only a two-down defensive lineman; Christian Covington comes in for Watkins on third down. Watkins’ single pass break-up does not make up for an average game otherwise. The numbers game may work against Watkins if there are any non-defensive linemen Bill O’Brien wants to keep.Kyle FullerI thought Fuller played a less consistent game against the Niners than he did against the Chiefs, but I also thought he was better in run blocking this past week. His ideal size and length make him hard to let go of, but the offensive line room is probably the hardest to predict. Fuller may be the best backup interior offensive lineman we have. David QuessenberryQuessenberry has come a long way. I was surprised by his aggressiveness at the point of attack last week and was glad to see that he did not lose that tenacity. In pass blocking, he is a quality surveyor of the blitz and helped out the center and tackle when he was not covered. DQ is definitely a favorite of Bill O’Brien and the fanbase; depending on how he looks against the Rams, we will see if the Texans are serious about keeping Quessenberry around.Last Four InKurtis DrummondA commanding performance from Drummond against the 49ers moves him up the chart. He played all over the field on Saturday night and is a locker room favorite. The thinness of this secondary is actually starting to scare me more than the offensive line. Drummond can play in the box in dime situations fairly well; he also has been with the team for several years now and knows the playbook. I say Drummond makes the 53-man roster as of now.Alfred BlueBlue is like milk that is one day expired; you don’t like it, but you have nothing else to pour in your cereal. He runs without any anticipation of him breaking loose for a long run. If Troymaine Pope continues to play with the agility and pass-catching ability that he has shown and D’Onta Foreman comes back fully healthy, Blue could fall way down the depth chart. The Texans know what they have in Blue Authentic Kevin Johnson Jersey , but complacency is a sin in football. Troymaine PopeEven though he messed up on the goal line on third down, Pope looks NFL ready and provides dynamic speed to Houston’s offense. He can catch the ball better than any other running back on the roster, and he’s probably the fastest as well. Pope needs to work on his blocking, as he has a tendency to lock his feet into the ground right before he makes contact instead of keeping them active. I think he makes the team, but you never know who can get snubbed.Sammie CoatesCoates left Saturday’s game with a concussion, but before his injury he made several excellent catches on the sideline, hauling in three catches for 36 yards for another solid performance. As a natural outside receiver, he is becoming a potential substitute for Will Fuller in terms of routes run.The depth and special teams play that Coates can provide keep him on the roster as the sixth receiver. It will be interesting to see if he misses any exhibition time with his concussion and loses valuable reps to other hungry receivers. First Four OutPeter KalambayiHis play is not better than Brennan Scarlett, and that is a concern. He played the fifth most snaps in the game last week, but I really cannot point to anything that he did that was deserving of a roster spot. If Kalambayi continues to play hesitantly, he will continue to be a candidate for the practice squad. LaTroy Lewis is also a reason for concern when it comes to the rookie’s standing on the 53-man roster, as Lewis has also been a good player in the preseason. Chad SladeThe Texans know what they have in Slade, but they need to decide if his value is worth having him on the 53-man roster. With Martinas Rankin back at practice, it will be vital for Slade to continue to polish his game. Only 26 years old, Slade is battling to be the final offensive guard on the team. In the first two preseason games, I don’t think Senio Kelemente has proven to be a dependable guard, while Slade showed that he can come in and put together a couple good series. It’s difficult to tell who this coaching staff likes more on the interior of the offensive line - Kyle Fuller, David Quessenberry, or Chad Slade.Dee VirginI thought Virgin was getting picked on by Jimmy Garoppolo and the backup QBs. His off coverage allowed too many to receivers to gain easy yards on quick inside routes. On the play where Aaron Colvin let Trent Taylor score a TD, Virgin was wrapped around his wide receiver and would have easily been called for pass interference if the ball was thrown his way. Depending on the extent of Kevin Johnson’s injury, Virgin is now basically the fourth corner. I do not trust him enough for him to hold onto this spot without the Texans bringing in someone else. Biggest RiserJosh KeyesEven if there is not a roster spot initially available, Keyes is making his case. He got fooled by Kyle Shanahan’s offense on a third down and short play-action rollout in which he allowed the tight end to get free in the flat. Keyes is a hard hitting linebacker who is improving on special teams, but he needs to work on his overall speed and play recognition. He played with aggression in the past two games, and he is definitely putting pressure on the team to keep him over Brian Peters. Biggest FallerTyler ErvinInjuries have derailed his career. Who knows what Ervin could have turned into, and maybe another team can take him in free agency and turn him into a useful option out of the backfield. Troymaine Pope has more athleticism at his disposal at this point than Ervin does. I was a big fan of Ervin and think there was a spot on this roster for him, but the first two preseason games prove he is not ready. Player to WatchAndre ChachereThe most improved player from Preseason Week 1 to Week 2, the young cornerback made several great plays against San Francisco. He forced a fourth down on a good tackle and had a great pass breakup later in the game. He may not make the team Youth Lamar Miller Jersey , but a candidate for the practice squad he definitely is. Chachere had a ton of plays in the second half of the game, and with Kevin Johnson out, the back half of the cornerback group is completely up for grabs. LDE: J.J. Watt, Carlos WatkinsNT: D.J Reader, Brandon DunnRDE: Christian Covington, Joel HeathLOLB: Whitney Mercilus, Brennan ScarlettILB: Benardrick McKinney, Brian PetersILB: Zach Cunningham, Dylan ColeROLB: Jadeveon Clowney, Duke EjioforCB: Aaron Colvin, Kevin Johnson, CB: Jonathan Joseph, Johnson BademosiFS: Justin Reid, Kareem JacksonSS: Tyrann Mathieu, Corey Moore, Kurtis DrummondQB: Deshaun Watson, Brandon Weeden, Joe Webb IIIFB: Jay ProschRB: Lamar Miller, D’Onta Foreman, Alfred Blue, Troymaine PopeTE: Ryan Griffin, Jordan Akins, Jordan ThomasWR: DeAndre Hopkins, Keke Coutee, Braxton MillerWR: Will Fuller, Bruce Ellington, Sammie CoatesLT: Julie’n Davenport http://www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-nick-martin-jersey , Kendall LammLG: Zach Fulton, Kyle FullerC: Nick Martin, Greg ManczRG: Senio Kelemete, David QuessenberryRT: Seantrel Henderson, Martinas RankinLS: Jon WeeksK: Ka’imi FairbairnP: Shane Lechler One of the biggest questions for the Patriots entering the season was how their defense would look following a series of offseason tweaks.While the defense certainly had some miscues during New England's 27-20 victory over Houston on Sunday , it may not be the unit looking to make the most improvement heading into Week 2.That task probably belongs to special teams, which had several mistakes that allowed the Texans to stay within striking distance for most of the game.Special teams has been one of the Patriots' most stable area the past few seasons. But against Houston the unit showed cracks in both kickoff coverage and punt return. Improvement will be key with a tough road matchup at Jacksonville up next.Last season, the Patriots allowed opponents just 18.9 yards per kickoff return, the third-best mark in the NFL.That meant nothing to Houston's Tyler Ervin, who found all kinds of seams in New England's kickoff coverage. He finished the game with 156 kickoff return yards on five returns (31.2 avg.), including a game-long 36-yard return.The 156 return yards are the most ever by a Texans player in a season opener."I thought there were a lot of areas that we did well in, a lot of areas that we need to work on and a lot of areas that we can improve," coach Bill Belichick said when asked about the mishaps on kickoffs.Special teams captain Matt Slater said he didn't think the new kickoff rules aimed at improving safety were to blame for their deficiencies."I think it was more about what we didn't do," he said. "Some of the things that we're coached to do we just didn't go out there and do them. ... It plays differently, obviously there's no wedges. Schemes have changed a little bit. But hopefully it's something we can fix."New England's punt team wasn't exempt from mistakes, either.With under five minutes left in the game, Riley McCarron fumbled a punt to set up Deshaun Watson's 5-yard touchdown pass to Bruce Ellington that got the Texans within seven."I made a stupid play," McCarron said. "I should have handled the ball; it is as simple as that. I did not make the decision on a fair catch, obviously, but I know the one I should have made now."McCarron was released by the team on Monday.It wasn't all bad for the special teams.Before he suffered a right knee injury in the third quarter, running back Jeremy Hill partially blocked a punt by Houston's Trevor Daniel.And some late execution by the Patriots' punt coverage team helped put a slight happy face on an otherwise lackluster day.The play came via punter Ryan Allen, who dropped a 54-yard punt inside the Houston 5, which was downed by Jonathan Jones on the 1 with 43 seconds remaining. It forced the Texans to speed up on offense and they moved the ball to only their 43 by game's end.Slater said both Hill's block and Allen's punt were shown a lot in Monday's film session. Still, there was little celebrating."The hits keep coming," Slater said. "This will be a tough team this week and we gotta be on top of our game and certainly try to execute better."NOTES: The team placed running back Jeremy Hill on injured reserve. Hill's 2017 season with Cincinnati ended after seven games, when he had right ankle surgery. ... Hill entered the season third on the running back depth chart behind James White and Rex Burkhead and was expected to contribute primarily on special teams. ... The team also released wide receiver Chad Hansen.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: