pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

season and was at his best in clutch moments and big games,
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
elaine95

MessaggioOggetto: season and was at his best in clutch moments and big games,
Inviato: 20-01-2020 2:22:50

ALLEN PARK T.J. Hockenson Jersey 2019 , Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have a losing record, and one of the best teams in the NFL is coming to town.And the Lions won’t be at full strength when they face the Los Angeles Rams this weekend.Detroit put wide receiver Marvin Jones on injured reserve Monday after he missed the past two games with a knee injury. Jones’ absence leaves the Detroit receiving corps down another player. The Lions traded Golden Tate earlier this season.Jones has 35 catches for 508 yards and five touchdowns this season.“We just have to figure it out, roll with the next guy in there and see how it goes,” coach Matt Patricia said. “We can’t look back in those situations, we just have to look forward and we have to keep pushing. There’s nothing we can do about it. From that standpoint, it just gives other guys opportunities to go out and perform and go out and play at a high level.”Second-year receiver Kenny Golladay has been impressive and figures to be the team’s most dangerous target the rest of the season.“I think Kenny’s done a good job all year,” Patricia said. “I think it’s something that we talked about, probably going back to the spring, and then identified his ability and his skillset that we think can help us win in certain situations. Certainly, finding different ways to get him the ball is important for us, but he’s certainly a focal point for a lot of teams that we face. That puts stress on other areas that we have to be able to come through with.”The Lions (4-7) signed linebacker Nicholas Grigsby to the active roster from the practice squad and signed defensive end Eric Lee to the practice squad.After spending years trying to build a dynamic offense around quarterback Matthew Stafford White T.J. Hockenson Jersey , Detroit is suddenly hoping its quarterback can lead a more limited group . Not only does he not have Tate or Jones to throw to, but the Lions were also without rookie running back Kerryon Johnson (knee) in their Thanksgiving loss to Chicago .Stafford threw for only 236 yards in that game. Now Detroit will have more time to adjust to playing without Jones.“Going through these NFL seasons, guys go down for injury, guys go down for different reasons,” offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter said. “We make adjustments. We adjust to fit the players.”The Rams (10-1) come into Sunday’s game after a weekend off. Their most recent game was a 54-51 win over Kansas City on Nov. 19.So the Lions may need to score a lot to win this game — with whoever is healthy enough to play.“I think it’s important for us to kind of look forward to this opportunity,” Cooter said. “We’ve got five games. We’re going to go play ball and we’re going to go kind of see what certain guys can do and how we play.”NOTES: Jamal Agnew, who went on IR earlier this season with a knee injury, said he hasn’t been cleared to practice. Agnew, who earned All-Pro honors last season as a punt returner, would not say if he is running yet, and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to come back this season. “I’m always feeling good Youth T.J. Hockenson Jersey , but that’s not my decision to make,” he said. “I’m just going to put myself in the best position to try to come back and help the team win.” Getting to know the Lions’ new tight end."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsNFL Draft5 QuestionsGeorgia reporter: Isaac Nauta could have a ‘long, prosperous career in the NFL’New,52commentsGetting to know the Lions’ new tight end.EDTShareTweetShareShareGeorgia reporter: Isaac Nauta could have a ‘long, prosperous career in the NFL’Dale Zanine-USA TODAY SportsThe Lions draft haul was perplexing to some Lions fans, especially when it comes to the tight end position. The Lions were so bad at this position last year that you could tell Bob Quinn was going to aggressively work to fix it this offseason.Bob and company first went to work in free agency picking up former Steelers tight end Jesse James. They then used their first-round pick on Iowa’s T.J. Hockenson. With Michael Roberts on the roster already, I think most assumed the Lions were done at tight end. Then they swooped in and grabbed Georgia’s Isaac Nauta with their seventh-round pick. This oddly upset Lions fans for some reason. The idea of completely revamping a position that desperately needed to be revamped boggled a lot of minds and gave us tweets like this one:So what are the Lions doing? If you ask some, they wasted a draft pick on another tight end. If you ask others, they’ll tell you the Lions got a steal, and Nauta will someday be a starting tight end. Which one of these things do the guys that covered Nauta at Georgia think it will be? We got in touch with Mike Griffith of Dawg Nation. Here’s what he had to say.POD: What are your overall thoughts on Nuada’s time at Georgia? DN: “Isaac came in as the nation’s No. 1-ranked tight end, a 5-star T.J. Hockenson Jersey Mens ,and he got better every year, and lived up to the billing. Isaac caught 30 of 31 balls thrown to him this season and was at his best in clutch moments and big games, Alabama and Florida, notably. He was also the highest rated blocker among SEC tight ends, per Pro Football Focus. “POD: What are his strengths? DN: “Clutch performer, handles himself professionally and is mature beyond his years. Great route runner and super glue hands.”POD: What are his weaknesses?DN: “Probably not as big and physical as some other tight ends, and while technique for blocking is good, I think he’s more the sort to get split out.”POD: With Jesse James and first-round pick T.J. Hockenson in front of Nauta, where do you see him making an impact in Detroit?DN: “I see Isaac making the team and working his way into the starting lineup and having a long, prosperous career in the NFL.”
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: