pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

The Bears cap their latest draft class
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
chenyan94

MessaggioOggetto: The Bears cap their latest draft class
Inviato: 19-11-2019 4:21:42

with a secondary project."It took until the latter rounds but the Bears finally placed a priority on selecting defensive prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft. With their last pick Kyle Long Jerseys 2019 , the Bears have selected Valdosta State’s Stephen Denmark at No. 238 overall. A physical freak, Denmark has a lot of tantalizing tools the Bears could unlock if they’re patient with him. Then again, he is a seventh-round pick so it’s more fair to have extremely tempered expectations. Let’s grade the Bears’ selection of Denmark at No. 238 overall.Grade: CLike you, I too wondered if Denmark’s alma mater in Valdosta State was a real school at first. Upon cursory research, it’s very real and it’s spectacular. It’s even had a few NFL players before White Pat O’Donnell Jerseys , most notably the Falcons’ starting right tackle Ryan Schraeder. While you’d be hard-pressed to call it a football gold mine of talent, it is a nook and cranny to search through if you’re a diligent general manager such as Ryan Pace. Denmark’s evolution as a player is interesting because he featured at receiver for three years before converting to cornerback during his senior season. Part of the reason he was converted to cornerback was because he didn’t produce much on the offensive boundary. The other part was that his physical gifts being put to use on defense couldn’t be overlooked. The 6-foot-3, 212 pound Denmark has 33-inch arms, ran a 4.46 40-yard dash, and had a 43-inch vertical in pre-draft testing. May I remind you he is a cornerback Pat O’Donnell Jerseys 2019 , so he’s a wholehearted monster against almost any NFL receiver he’d line up across from. The major knock in his athletic testing is a paltry 7.40 three-cone. Most edge pass rushers and certainly the best edge pass rushers, are faster. Some offensive linemen have better three-cone results. Denmark can’t bully other receivers if they beat him off the line of scrimmage and turn him around altogether due to his lack of agility. He’d never survive.There’s been speculation about where the Bears could find a place for Denmark. Could he be a safety convert, perhaps? I have the answer: Special teams. He’s too raw and a major project to see as anything but a third phase contributor ... if he can carve out a role there. Denmark could be able to make the Bears’ active roster on his physical tools alone. Guys of his imposing stature and build routinely find their way into the league due to their gifts. But seeing him making a tremendous impact at cornerback, at any point, is quite the optimistic proposition.There’s a lot of work to be done on Denmark to make him a viable NFL player anywhere. He’s a small school product with little experience on the side of the ball he was drafted on White Sam Acho Jerseys , so he’ll naturally take time to ingratiate to the league. That’s time he might never receive. You would expect nothing less out of a seventh-round pick. Another former Falcon returning?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Library FalcFans Podcast on The FalcoholicContact The FalcoholicFalcons StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Falcons NewsYahoo Falcons Team PageYahoo Falcons ReportYahoo Falcons Depth ChartYahoo Falcons TransactionsYahoo Falcons PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕DE/LB Chris Odom working out for the FalconsNew,14commentsAnother former Falcon returning?EDTShareTweetShareShareDE/LB Chris Odom working out for the FalconsOn Monday, the Atlanta Falcons will be working out another former Falcons player, this time Chris Odom.Chris Odom was on the Falcons practice squad in 2017 before eventually being cut on September 2, 2017. He had an impressive preseason for the team but in the end could not get regular season playing time. Odom then signed with the Green Bay Packers as a linebacker. He was eventually cut by the Packers following 2017 Sam Acho Jerseys 2019 , and spent 2019 in the Alliance of American Football (AAF) playing for the Salt Lake Stallions. For the Packers, Odom recorded 6 tackles and one tackle for a loss in 7 games. It’s currently unclear what position he’d play for the Falcons, considering he was a defensive end in at Arkansas State, an outside linebacker in Green Bay, and above D. Orlando Ledbetter mentions him as a defensive tackle. I guess we’ll all find out if the workout goes well and the Falcons sign him to the roster. The current list of Falcons defensive tackles are: Grady Jarrett White Sherrick McManis Jerseys , Jack Crawford, Deadrin Senat, Justin Zimmer, and Michael Bennett. The team also worked out former Atlanta Falcons 2nd round pick DT Ra’Shede Hageman and former Saints DT Tyeler Davidson. Davidson is the most accomplished of the three players. Below is Chris Odom’s parting Instagram post when the Packers signed him. It is unclear if the Falcons are considering adding another defensive lineman or simply preparing their emergency list for post-draft additions.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: