pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

Vietnam vet’s obituary takes aim at reported Trump comments
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
alisawhite123

MessaggioOggetto: Vietnam vet’s obituary takes aim at reported Trump comments
Inviato: 18-09-2020 8:07:11

The lack of Latinx stories and representation Newport Pleasure in Hollywood, both in TV and film, remains a hot-button issue for John Leguizamo. He’s decided to take a stand and snub this year’s Emmy Awards.

“I’m boycotting, ” he tells Yahoo Entertainment. “If you don’t have Latin people, there’s no reason for me to see it. What’s the point? ”

“It’s unbelievable that our stories Newport Cigarettes Shop aren’t being told and there’s one reason for that, ” he explains. “Executives don’t see us, don’t get us — don’t care about us. ”

There are zero nominations for Latinx shows or actors in any of the major categories. “We’re less than one percent of the stories being told by Hollywood streamers and networks, that’s cultural apartheid, ” he says.

In a statement to the Los Angeles Times, the Television Academy addressed the need for representation, saying, “We feel it is a very positive sign that over the past decade the well-deserved recognition of performers of color has increased from 1 in 10 to 1 in 3 nominees across all performer categories. Clearly that increase in representation has not been equal for all groups, and clearly there is still more to do to improve both gender and racial representation across all categories. ”

The actor turned director’s latest movie, Cheap Newport 100s cigarettes Critical Thinking, premiered Sept. 4 and includes a predominantly Black and Latinx cast, which was a motivating factor for Leguizamo to be part of the film.

Critical Thinking tells the true story of five Latinx and Black teens from an underprivileged Miami neighborhood, who become the 1998 National Chess Champions. Leguizamo plays the inspirational chess coach and also makes his directorial debut.

“I’m just dying to see positive Latin stories out there, ” he says.

Wholesale Newport And Marlborl Cigarettes USA
Online Cigarettes Store USA
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: