pagine viste dal
1 Settembre 2007

being drafted in the seventh round of the NFL Draft
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga
Autore Messaggio
chenyan94

MessaggioOggetto: being drafted in the seventh round of the NFL Draft
Inviato: 22-01-2020 2:58:29

Years ago Virgil Green Jersey , being drafted in the seventh round of the NFL Draft used to not mean much. It’s not 100% expected for seventh-round players to make the roster, so team’s don’t usually get too excited..." Latest NewsLos Angeles Chargers NewsChargers OffseasonChargers 90-in-90: DT Cortez BroughtonNew,51commentsPDTYears ago, being drafted in the seventh round of the NFL Draft used to not mean much. It’s not 100% expected for seventh-round players to make the roster, so team’s don’t usually get too excited about them unless a noted talent finds himself plummeting on draft weekend.Lately, when it comes to seventh-round players drafted by the Chargers, it usually means you have an increased chance of not only making the team, but a higher chance to contribute. At least, that’s how things have been over the last two seasons. In fact, all 14 draft picks over the last two years are still on the roster. If you look at the the last few sixth and seventh-round picks, you’ll find a couple guys who made major waves during the 2018 season in defensive end Isaac Rochell and running back Justin Jackson.Broughton was a consistent presence along the Bearcats’ defensive interior http://www.thechargerslockerroom.com/authentic-mike-pouncey-jersey , but he really saved his best season for last when he exploded for 18 tackles-for-lossBasic InfoHeight: 6-2Weight: 290College: CincinnatiExperience: 0Years with team: 0Contract Status“Cortez Broughton signed a 4 year, $2,598,020 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including a $78,020 signing bonus, $78,020 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $649,505. In 2019, Broughton will earn a base salary of $495 Womens Isaac Rochell Jersey ,000 and a signing bonus of $78,020, while carrying a cap hit of $514,505 and a dead cap value of $78,020.” - Spotrac.comThe GoodGoing through the draft process, some of the big positives to Broughton’s game were his versatility along the line, his consistently low pad-level, and his explosiveness through gaps. NFL evaluators also noted his lively personality and great leadership qualities. All these things sounds exactly like the things Tom Telesco looks for in his prospects.Broughton fits mostly at the team 3-technique, which is used primarily as a one-gap defender whose main objective is to get up-field and cause havoc. His high number of tackles-for-loss this past year is a good sight to see for someone expected to play this role.The BadBroughton won a lot of his match-ups in college with his quick get-off and agility through the line, but NFL scouts noted that “his hands must catch up to his feet” meaning that for as quick as his lower-half can be, he hasn’t completely tied his hand technique with his feet Michael Badgley Jersey , leaving room for improvement and a place where opponents can exploit him.Odds of making the roster/What to expect in 2019I think Broughton has a good chance of making the final roster since he plays a position that isn’t just a position of need, but a position where Gus Bradley loves to rotate a number of players throughout games. It wasn’t a surprise that the team double-dipped at the position and with all the former day three picks contributing over the last few seasons, i’d almost put money down that Broughton finds his way into some big plays by season’s end.Fun Fact: Broughton was a member of the 2009 Little League World Series. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers contemplated the possibility that he might be playing his final two games with the Chargers after last Sunday’s loss to the Vikings and said there was “uncertainty” because the decision about 2020 wasn’t one he can make on his own.Rivers doesn’t have a contract for 2020 and the Chargers will have to decide whether to continue with their longtime starter or change courses after a year that will end with Rivers turning the ball over at least 21 times. On Monday, head coach Anthony Lynn said that those difficulties haven’t all been about the quarterback, but “you gotta be more careful with the football, just period.”Lynn didn’t want to speculate about what the team is going to do after the season.“My future is right now and this Sunday,” Lynn said, via the Los Angeles Times. “I don’t have time to think about the future. I hope his concentration and focus is on the present as well.”Lynn said that Rivers will remain the team’s starting quarterback for this week’s game against the Raiders and we’ll see if Rivers can put together an encouraging performance to close out a down season.
Torna in cima
Profilo
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi   Pagina Stampabile    Indice del forumNadaYoga Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: